Headaches and I go waaaay back because I have trouble staying hydrated, especially during the fall and winter seasons. I’m already cold as an ice cube, I don’t want to add to it by drinking water throughout the day. So I end up drinking the minimum amount of water without really realizing it and then wonder why I get dehydration headaches!
Aside from working on getting in more water (have you tried lemon water before?), I thought it would be useful to some of you to learn about how I make an incredibly effective headache relief roll-on that almost instantly eases pain. It’s great for headaches, back pain, bruises, sore muscles, aching joints, and so much more! Basically, if you’re experiencing pain, swipe this handy little roll-on over the affected area and voila! Your pain will be but a dull memory!
How to Make a Headache Relief Roll-On
The essential oils used in the blend are potent, powerful, and proven to alleviate pain and discomfort.
Here’s what you’re going to need to make it:
• 1 10ml roll-on bottle
• 10 drops peppermint – peppermint essential oil is one of the best oils to use for relieving headaches and pain that responds well to cold.
• 4 drops marjoram – A potent analgesic oil that is warming and soothing for all types of pain.
• 4 drops helichrysum – An amazing oil with quick analgesic properties. Decreases inflammation.
• 2 drops sweet birch (Betula lenta) – This oil contains methyl salicylate, the same active ingredients found in aspirin and Tylenol and is an amazing oil for all types of pain. It’s very strong and must always be diluted. Not for use on children.
• Carrier oil like fractionated coconut, grapeseed, jojoba, sweet almond, etc.
*** This blend makes a 10% dilution. If you need a weaker blend, divide the recipe as needed. Please refer to my dilutions and conversions article for more information.
Loving Preparation – Headache Relief Roll-On
1. Add each essential oil to the empty 10ml roll-on bottle, carefully counting the drops. The oil to pay most attention to is the birch oil as it is very strong.
2. Once you have added all of the EOs, fill the roll-on up to the shoulder with your carrier oil of choice.
3. Cap closed, and roll the bottle between your palms to mix.
How to Use the Headache Relief Roll-On
For headaches, apply the roll-on over the temples, forehead, and the back of the neck. For sinus headaches, dab it over the apples of the cheeks and the bridge of the nose.
When you feel tension, aches, or pains coming on, swipe this roll-on over the affected area for general pain relief. I love using it on sore muscles after a tough workout or on the bottoms of aching feet. It’s also a great blend for menstrual cramps and would make a great gift for your lady friends!
What have been your favorite pain relieving essential oils? Please let me know in the comments!
You may also enjoy reading:
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure and disclaimer.