Believe essential oil is one of those blends that help unlock your true, unlimited, and unyielding potential in the face of life’s challenges. It’s a blend that instills feelings of strength, resilience, and a solid belief that we can overcome difficult situations and in fact, have the power to change them if we only look within ourselves and reach for self-worth.
I often reach for this fabled blend when I feel bogged down, judged, or when people “just don’t get it.” Having an unconventional job can be hard, and that’s where an EO blend like Believe shines.
If I diffuse it or take a whiff of the bottle while focusing on my intent, I truly do feel like I can do anything!
How to Make Believe Essential Oil
Thankfully, this blend doesn’t have too many different oils in it, so if you’re a modest EO collector, you should have all you need to make your own Believe essential oil.
This blend is comprised of balsam fir, coriander, bergamot, frankincense, spruce, ylang ylang, and geranium – a blend of truly uplifting oils that are known to promote feelings of inner strength, confidence, and hope.
The clarifying and penetrating scent of balsam fir is known for its ability to rejuvenate the mind and body. It is both soothing yet uplifting and has multiple emotionally balancing properties. Balsam fir is also known to empower the mind and align the sacral and heart chakras, making it the perfect essential oil for those who are easily influenced by others’ emotions or who are easily thrown out of emotional balance.
Coriander essential oil comes from the seeds of the cilantro plant and has a sweet uplifting aroma. It is known to have an affinity for promoting the release of emotions, especially those of fear. If you (or those around you) have trouble opening their minds and letting go of old attachments and beliefs, then diffusing coriander will help loosen resistance to change.
Bergamot is one of my all-time favorite essential oils. Its uplifting and clarifying scent has the power to intensify self-love and self-acceptance while nullifying feelings of self-judgment and self-hatred. Bergamot helps us work through our fears and feelings of unworthiness and rejection. It helps us to love ourselves and find our own validation, to accept our own authenticity, and to prevent ourselves from dwelling on what others think about us.
Frankincense essential oil is high in sesquiterpenes, making it a potent emotional ally. Because of this powerful effect, frankincense is the perfect oil to use during meditation or just for when you need to “drop out of your own mind” and allow yourself to feel calm and at ease. It helps you create a deeper understanding of yourself and a deeper connection with what you truly want out of life. Frankincense also elevates the mood and combats stress.
Spruce (Idaho Blue Spruce)
Spruce essential oil is known for its ability to ground and balance the mind and body and help release emotional blocks that are preventing you from achieving your goals. It harmonizes the chakras of the body, revitalizes energy, and energizes the mind so that you can reach self-fulfillment. Spruce essential oil is an oil that instills within you the true meaning of “the sky’s the limit!”.
Ylang ylang essential oil is the ultimate emotional equalizer and is considered a true oil of the heart. It heals emotional traumas, helps us connect to our own heart, and instills endless self-confidence. Ylang ylang reminds us of our inner child and reopens that sense of pure joy in life’s simplest pleasures. It also helps us release bottled up emotions and restore self-trust.
Geranium essential oil is one of the best EOs for restoring faith and trust in yourself, in others, and in the world. It’s a powerful heart-centering oil that tears down barriers with abandon so that you can release pent-up anger, negativity, and other overwhelming emotions. It is especially useful for those who have experienced a deep past hurt in their lives who have trouble moving forward. Geranium allows you to experience and expand on self-love so that you can, in turn, love others with full commitment.
Essential Oil Recipes – How to Make a Believe Essential Oil Dupe
Now that you know why the Believe blend contains these specific essential oils, let’s get into the recipe!
Here’s what you’ll need to make a 5ml bottle of Believe essential oil:
• One empty 5ml essential oil bottle
• 24 drops spruce essential oil
• 20 drops balsam fir essential oil
• 8 drops geranium essential oil
• 8 drops frankincense essential oil
• 4 drops coriander essential oil
• 4 drops bergamot essential oil
• 4 drops ylang ylang essential oil
Instructions – Homemade Believe Essential Oil Recipe/Dupe
1. Drip each essential oil into an empty 5ml essential oil bottle.
2. Cap closed and roll between your palms to mix.
3. Allow the blend to synergize and “age” for several days. You will notice that the aroma changes as the oils meld.
You can add 4-6 drops of homemade believe essential oil to a 10ml roll-on bottle and apply it to areas out of direct sunlight (this is because bergamot essential oil does NOT agree with ultraviolet rays).
You can also diffuse this blend in your home or office while working on a project or meditating to help motivate and encourage you while relaxing the mind and body.
This blend is going to make a “go-getter” out of you! I highly recommend trying the homemade version if you can’t get ahold of the pre-made blend from YL.
Essential Oil Substitutes That Go Well With Believe
If you’re looking for a substitute for any of the essential oils within the Believe blend, try one of the oils from the list below. While some of them may not be therapeutic substitutions, they may offer a balanced and calming aroma.
Aromatherapy is all about experimenting. You never know; you may find your signature diffuser blend in the process!
- Black pepper
- Chamomile Roman
- Cinnamon Bark
- Citrus oils like lemon, lime, sweet orange, tangerine, mandarin, and grapefruit
- Clary Sage
- Ho Wood
- Juniper Berry
- Lemon Myrtle
- Lemon Verbena
- Tea Tree
Frequently Asked Questions about Believe Essential Oil
What is Believe essential oil good for?
Believe essential oil from Young Living is a blend of essential oils that is designed to promote feelings of confidence, faith, and belief. This blend contains a variety of oils, including Frankincense, Idaho Blue Spruce, Coriander, Bergamot, Ylang Ylang, and Geranium.
According to Young Living, the Believe essential oil blend can be diffused, applied topically, or inhaled to help create an environment that fosters feelings of belief and positivity. It is also believed to help support a healthy immune system and promote overall physical and emotional wellness.
Some people also use Believe essential oil blend for meditation and spiritual practices. The Frankincense oil in the blend, in particular, is known for its grounding and centering properties, making it a popular choice for those looking to deepen their spiritual practice.
What does Believe essential oil smell like?
The Believe essential oil blend from Young Living has a warm, woodsy aroma with floral and citrus notes. The Frankincense and Idaho Blue Spruce oils in the blend give it a grounding and calming scent, while the Coriander, Bergamot, Ylang Ylang, and Geranium oils add hints of sweetness and floral undertones.
The scent of Believe essential oil blend is uplifting and comforting, and is often used to promote feelings of confidence and positivity.
Which is the most powerful essential oil?
There are many essential oils that are known for their powerful properties.
Some essential oils have potent antimicrobial, antifungal, or anti-inflammatory properties, while others are known for their ability to promote relaxation, reduce stress, or uplift the mood.
Some of the “most powerful” essential oils include:
- Tea tree oil: This essential oil has potent antimicrobial and antifungal properties, making it a popular choice for treating skin conditions like acne and fungal infections.
- Lavender oil: Lavender oil is known for its calming and soothing properties and is often used to reduce stress and anxiety. It can also help promote relaxation and improve sleep.
- Peppermint oil: Peppermint oil is known for its cooling and invigorating properties, and can be used to help alleviate headaches and muscle pain. It is also a popular choice for improving digestion and relieving nausea.
- Eucalyptus oil: Eucalyptus oil has strong antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties, making it an effective choice for treating respiratory conditions like coughs and colds.
- Frankincense oil: Frankincense oil has grounding and calming properties and is often used in meditation and spiritual practices. It can also help reduce inflammation and support a healthy immune system.
What essential oils bring positive energy?
Essential oils can be a great tool for bringing positive energy into your life.
Here are some essential oils that are believed to have uplifting and energizing properties:
- Sweet Orange Oil: Sweet orange oil has a fresh and fruity aroma that can help uplift the mood and promote feelings of happiness and positivity.
- Lemon Oil: Lemon oil has a bright and invigorating scent that can help promote mental clarity and boost energy levels.
- Grapefruit Oil: Grapefruit oil has a tangy and refreshing scent that can help uplift the mood and promote a sense of well-being.
- Peppermint Oil: Peppermint oil has a cooling and invigorating scent that can help improve mental focus and energy levels.
- Bergamot Oil: Bergamot oil has a citrusy and floral aroma that can help uplift the mood and reduce feelings of anxiety and stress.
- Rosemary Oil: Rosemary oil has a fresh and herbaceous scent that can help stimulate the mind and promote mental clarity and focus.
- Frankincense Oil: Frankincense oil has a grounding and calming scent that can help promote a sense of peace and balance. It is also believed to have mood-enhancing properties.
Have you ever used Believe essential oil? How do you like it?
You may also enjoy reading:
Deep Relief Dupe Recipe
Dragon Time Essential Oil Dupe
How to Make Valor
How to Make Stress Away
Momentum Blend for Change and Confidence
This post contains affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Please read my full disclosure and disclaimer.
Teresa Whitlock says
Hello. I can’t use blue oils due to the anti-anxiety medication I am on. Can I substitute something for the blue spruce?