The New Year always brings about feelings of motivation, intent, and goal setting. It’s the time of year where we feel like we have the best chance to shed the old and embrace the new whether that’s getting fit, spreading the love, or eating healthier. We all have our aspirations and what better time to start on the right foot than when everyone else is trying to do the same?
For me, it’s all about the emotional side of things this year and how I can bring more positivity and mindfulness into my everyday life. I have always been good about keeping my body moving and eating well, but the mental side has always been a challenge.
All too often I find myself sinking into a negative mindset, feeling resentful towards others, or just find myself in a grumpy mood for no good reason.
So, this year, my goal is to begin by practicing mindfulness.
Essential Oils for Mindfulness
When we think about bringing more mindfulness into our lives, it’s important to realize that it doesn’t mean we’re necessarily trying to get rid of our problems, but rather practice a better way to react to them and to allow ourselves to focus on the issue at hand.
In this way, we can become aware of the problem and its different facets, and finally, accepting of them so that we can better solve the problem and deal with it in a more mindful manner.
One of the best ways to do this is by using mindful meditation where you can spend a few moments quietly thinking over things while also relaxing the body and mind. This creates a nonjudgmental awareness and understanding of your own stress responses and will help you release tension while working on a problem.
This allows us to recognize and accept the fact that situations outside of ourselves or out of our control should not be allowed to affect us so drastically or disturb our inner peace.
Over time, learning to practice mindfulness will help us change our relationships and response to challenging situations for the better.
Using essential oils for mindfulness is one of the best ways to help enable those plagued by negativity to recognize long held negative emotional patters and trains of thought that have secretly disrupted their emotions, physical health, and relationships. Using essential oils in this way will also open the mind to the true relationship you have with yourself.
In essence, essential oils will force you to listen to your subconsciousness so that you can mindfully reduce depression and emotional distress and better cope with stressful situations – even the anticipation of upcoming stressors.
The Best Essential Oils for Mindfulness
The key to choosing the best essential oils for mindfulness is to find one that resonates with your current situation and create a blend that will help prepare you for facing unpleasant or distressful situations.
Here are some of the best essential oils for mindfulness to choose from that are related to common emotions:
• Bergamot – Feelings of stress and anxiety
• Cedarwood atlas – Feelings of conceit, vanity, narcissism, incompletion, survival
• Clary sage – Feelings of intolerance
• Cypress – Feelings of disrespect
• Frankincense – Feelings of imbalance, worthlessness, “F-You”
• Geranium – Feeling self-centered, overt sense of wanting to please others
• Juniper berry – Feelings of supression
• Lemongrass – Feelings of resentment, kept from moving forward
• Melissa – Feelings of estrangement
• Myrtle – Feelings of suppression in life
• Patchouli – Feeling shut down
• Roman chamomile – Feelings of intense fear and unwelcome
• Sandalwood – Feelings of dread, lack of faith, fear
• Spikenard – Feelings of estrangement, losing authority, misuse of will
• Sweet marjoram – Helps with the fear of completion and disconnectedness, suspicion, feeling unfulfilled
• Vetiver – Feelings of an overactive or racing mind, fear of an unfulfilling purpose
• Ylang ylang – Anticipated emotional drain, fear of wisdom, possessiveness
Once you have chosen the essential oils that resonate best with your current struggles, add them to a diffuser or tissue and breath deeply while sitting quietly for 5-20 minutes.
You will find that the oils help open your heart and mind to acceptance, forgiveness, and grace.
I really hope you give it a try! Please let me know how it goes if you do in the comments below!
You may also enjoy reading:
This post contains affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Please read my full disclosure and disclaimer.