Fertility struggles whether you’re a man or a woman is a very stressful and pressured experience. Even if every other aspect of your life is going as planned, the inability to make a baby can make it all seem pointless. Your mental well-being goes out the window, the stress begins to build, and resentment towards yourself or your partner may begin to escalate.
How to Boost Fertility with Essential Oils
Essential oils are an amazing source of healing for both mind and body because they promote positive emotions and overall wellness. Using them to boost fertility is an enjoyable way to use these powerful plant essences to decrease anxiety, frustration, and the stress associated with troubles conceiving. Feeling like it’s impossible to get pregnant also disrupts hormonal balance making things even more difficult. The use of essential oils can help positively influence your reproductive system and enhance its ability to make a baby.
So with that said, what essential oils are best for boosting fertility?
For women, there are quite a few and a lot of them can be used for all kinds of different specific reasons which you can learn about here: Essential Oils for Fertility.
There are, however, several oils that really help cover a broader spectrum of issues and they’re great to use for when you really just don’t know why you aren’t conceiving. That said, please keep in mind that fertility issues can be very complex and the reasons you may be having trouble are often a combination of things…sometimes LOTS and lots of things. Essential oils can help you navigate through the problems and help enhance your chances of conceiving but you will often need more than just essential oils. Essential oils are amazing, but they may not be your holy grail fertility treatment. A healthy lifestyle and the guidance of your doctor should be first on your list!
The oils I list below will give you a good idea of what to try out, my only word of advice is to go with a “less is more” approach. Essential oils are stronger than you may give them credit for. Just Sayin’.
How to Boost Fertility with Essential Oils in Women
Have a look through this list and see which oils align with what you need. Using them therapeutically can take a few weeks before you notice any results so be patient and have fun with it! Not only will the essential oils help you with fertility they will also ease your mind, lower stress, and uplift your mood which are all good things to consider during this time of healing.
Here are some amazing basic essential oils to try for fertility in women:
• Anise seed– helps stimulate menstruation
• Calendula– great for regulating your menstrual cycle
• Cedarwood– breaks down infertile mucus in women
• Clary sage– a wonderful oil that has estrogenic effects that helps regulate hormones making time in the bedroom more enjoyable and less mechanical
• Damiana– supports the endocrine system. Regulates the menstrual cycle, and enhances libido
• Eucalyptus– enhances the production of cervical mucus
• Fennel– regulates the menstrual cycle, particularly where periods are scanty and painful. Balances hormones
• Frankincense– relieves sexual nervous tension. Wonderful when mixed with other oils to enhance their effects
• Geranium– a fantastic oil for balancing hormones, regulating your cycle, and supporting the uterus. Also great for those with endometriosis
• German chamomile– best known for its anti-inflammatory and pain relieving properties. Also very good for improving your chances of conception
• Ginger– great for supporting healthy circulation
• Jasmine– an aphrodisiac for women and aids overall reproductive health
• Lavender– balances the endocrine system and great for scanty periods. Works best with clary sage and geranium
• Patchouli– enhances libido
• Rosemary– supports uterine health
• Rose otto– relaxes the uterus, regulates the menstrual cycle, improves cervical mucus, and enhances libido. Highly recommended for functional infertility
• Sage– Imitates oestrogen, thereby regulating the menstrual cycle
• Sandalwood– increases libido for times when you feel undesirable
• Yarrow– a wonderfully detoxifying oil, yarrow helps decongest the pelvic area and increases nutrient-dense blood flow
• Ylang ylang– increases libido. An aphrodisiac
A popular essential oil to use for fertility in women is:
Apply this on the lower abdomen (on the mons pubis) and the inside and outside of the right ankle twice a day.
How to Boost Fertility with Essential Oils in Men
Here are a few basic essential oils to try for fertility in men:
• A blend of sage, fennel, lavender, myrtle, peppermint, and yarrow which helps regulate prostate function and balances the male hormones
• Angelica– an amazing tonic for the nervous system which allows one to relax for intimacy
• Basil– increases sexual instincts
• Cedarwood– enhances sexual Qi in men
• Clary sage– stimulates the pituitary gland and regulates hormones
• Cumin– a warming aphrodisiac oil that helps uplift the mood and relieve stress
• Cypress– increases testosterone
• Frankincense– has a calming effect in regards to sexual nervous tension
• Goldenrod– invigorates and strengthens the kidneys in men with low sperm count (I’ve only come across this oil by YL)
• Idaho blue spruce– increases and balances testosterone (another YL oil)
• Jasmine– strengthening for the male sex organs and aids overall reproductive health
• Juniper berry– men with low sperm counts will benefit by using juniper oil to help strengthen the kidneys
• Patchouli– enhances libido and desire
• Rose– helps with sexual dysfunction related to performance anxiety. Rose also strengthens the male sex organs
• Sage– increases testosterone
• Sandalwood– helps with erectile dysfunction
• Sweet orange– enhances libido. Helps those who have lost interest in intimacy and those with impotence
• Thyme– soothes nervous sexual tension and eases depression related to sexual performance
• Vetiver– a tonic for the reproductive organs and relaxes sexual nervous tension
• Ylang ylang– a sensual oil for both men and women. Increases libido and helps with impotence, stuck sexual energy, and lack of attraction
A favorite topical blend to make for male fertility is:
Cap tightly and roll between your palms to mix.
Apply this blend to the inside of your ankles and wrists and the sacral vertebrae twice a day (you can see where those points are below).
Another great blend to use in conjunction with the first for men is:
Use this roll on the lower abdomen twice a day.
What have been your tried and true essential oils to boost fertility?
This post contains affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Please read my full disclosure and disclaimer.