In this day in age, it’s more important than ever to treat ourselves well and spend time nourishing both our physical and emotional well-being. It’s easy to allow our emotions to take over and plunge us into turmoil, but with the use of essential oils, we can keep things even keel, balanced, and in alignment.
Essential Oils for Well-Being and Emotional Balance
There are so many essential oils that can help stabilize emotions and create a space for overall peace and tranquility. Many do this by affecting the limbic system of the brain and instilling feelings of positivity. It clears our thoughts and lifts the veil of emotional judgment so that we can react to stressful situations in the best way possible.
This ability is what protects our well-being from outside sources we can’t control. Instead, we can control how we react and give ourselves time to analyze any given situation, then proceed with grace.
Many of the essential oils in the list below have soothing qualities that promote calm and relaxation while also boosting emotional fortitude.
I recommend choosing oils that smell especially good to you that draw you in. Smell them throughout the day by diffusing them, wearing them in diffuser jewelry, making roll-on, and so on.
If you use citrus essential oils in topical blends, be sure not to expose those areas to direct sunlight. Learn why here.
Some of the best essential oils for well-being include:
• Cedarwood Atlas – especially good to use before bed
• Clary Sage – great for balancing hormones and the emotions associated with hormone fluctuations
• Copaiba – enhances the power of other essential oils
• Coriander Seed
• German Chamomile
• Grapefruit – enhances fitness by actually helping your body burn calories (more motivation to move your body daily!)
• Lavender – stress relieving and relaxing
• Lemon – uplifts the mood
• Mandarin – very cheerful oil that instills a sense of happiness and well-being
• Roman Chamomile
• Rose Otto – opens the heart (get the diluted version here)
• Rosemary – lowers cortisol in less than 30 seconds when inhaled (well-being in a bottle right there!)
• Sweet Orange – a cheerful oil that instills happiness
• Vetiver – hones focus and quiets an overactive mind
Well-Being Support Blend Using Essential Oils
This is one of my favorite blends to use for keeping my emotions in check. There’s a lot going on in this blend, but I promise it’s worth making if you have the oils.
Everything is blended with balance in mind.
Here’s how to make it:
• One empty 5 ml essential oil bottle
• 15 drops frankincense carteri
• 10 drops sandalwood
• 5 drops lemon
• 4 drops geranium
• 3 drops lemongrass
• 2 drops lavender
• 2 drops niaouli
• 2 drops sweet orange
• 2 drops palmarosa
• 2 drops roman chamomile
• 2 drops german chamomile
• 1 drop rose otto
• 1 drop cardamom
Loving Preparation – Well-Being Essential Oil Blend
1. Add each essential oil to the empty 5 ml bottle.
2. Cap closed, then roll between your palms to mix.
Add 6 drops to a 10 ml roll-on and apply to throat and wrists.
Add one drop to a tissue and inhale as needed.
Diffuse 5 drops 2-3x daily.
Add to body oil and apply 1-2x daily.
Simple Well-Being Blend
For a simpler approach, choose 3 of your favorite essential oils from the list above and make your own blends that appeal to your senses.
Some of my favorite essential oils for well-being include:
• Rose Otto
• Sweet Orange
What have been your favorite essential oils for well-being? Please share them in the comments below!
You may also enjoy reading:
How to Blend a Perfume Using Essential Oils
Essential Oils for Concentration
Essential Oils for Mindfulness
How to Make Stress Away
Pedicularis Tincture for The Effects of Stress
Stress Support Date Ball Recipe
This post contains affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Please read my full disclosure and disclaimer.
Leave a Reply