It’s finally Fall, and although it doesn’t feel like Autumn here in Southern California, I’m excited for the cooler weather to come. The mornings are just beginning to get that nip in the air, signaling the return of my favorite season. That means I get to break out the chunky sweaters, swap out the jersey sheets with flannel, and start brewing up some seasonal favorites like chai tea.
Speaking of chai tea, I’ve missed it so much during this heatwave that I’ve decided to take some inspiration from it and make a divine, chai-tea-infused sugar scrub recipe that both smells and feels decadent.
So, if you’re ready to say goodbye to summer, this is the recipe to kick-start your Autumn!
How to Make Decadent Chai Tea Sugar Scrub
For this recipe, you will need:
- One 16 oz plastic jar
- 1 cup of refined coconut oil (you can use unrefined but it will have a coconut smell to it)
- 1 cup of granulated sugar (you can get fancy with the coarseness of the sugar if desired)
- 1 heaping TB of loose-leaf chai tea
- 5 drops cardamom essential oil
- 2 drops cinnamon bark essential oil
- 2 drops ginger CO2
- 2 drops nutmeg essential oil
- 2 drops allspice essential oil
- 1 drop black pepper essential oil
*** If you’re worried about slipping in the bath due to the oily nature of this recipe, you can add ½ TB of Olivem300 OR Turkey Red Oil to the recipe. This will solubilize the coconut oil into the water.
Loving Preparation – Chai Tea Sugar Scrub
- In a glass bowl, combine the coconut oil, sugar, and loose-leaf chai tea.
- Next, add each essential oil and stir well to combine.
- Scoop the scrub into the plastic jar and cap closed. (Using glass can be dangerous if dropped in the shower so I advise against it)
Scoop out the desired amount to exfoliate the skin while in the shower or bath.
The scent of chai tea will permeate your daily ablutions in the best of ways! I hope you give it a try!
You may also enjoy reading:
Sugared Roses DIY Lip Scrub Recipe
Dead Sea Salt Scrub for Dewy Radiant Skin
Balsam Fir Sugar Scrub Recipe
Cherry Cordial Sugar Scrub Recipe for Deliciously Hydrated Skin
This post contains affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Please read my full disclosure and disclaimer.
Robin V. says
It’s hard to be motivated in this climate right now. I do find clipping a timer to my waistband helps. I can set it and do short sprints of cleaning that way. Glad to see your Chai Tea Sugar Scrub recipe. Appreciate what you do.