Today, I want to show you how to make your own travel-size roll-on deodorant using ingredients you most likely have laying around the house. It’s quick, easy, and really fun to make your own unique blends.
A looong time ago I wrote a post on how to make your own Homemade Mineral Salt Deodorant Spray using all-natural ingredients. I really love that deodorant recipe because it’s just as effective as using the salt rock deodorant you can get at the store. The thing is, I prefer the spray versions because they have yummy smelling essential oils. Instead of shelling out $8 for a new bottle every few months, I decided to try my hand at making my own for just pennies on the dollar.
Aside from the savings (and healthier ingredients), the fun thing about making your own liquefied version is that you can customize the scent however you like. I’ve made seasonal blends, holiday-inspired scents, and of course woodsy manly scents for my husband. Whatever you desire for whatever occasion is completely up to you!
How to Make a Travel Size Roll-on Deodorant
I like to feel fresh and worry free while out and about during the summer months so it’s important for me to have a safe and effective deodorant on hand that I can easily swipe on the go. I no longer need to worry about BO in public or the nasty chemicals found in conventional and many “natural” deodorants. My homemade version is made with wholesome herbal ingredients, none of that aluminum crud.
While not an antiperspirant – because hey, sweating is healthy and natural – this handy little roll-on will help you stay confident in any temperature while out on your daily adventures.
Here’s what you’ll need:
• 1oz roll-on bottle (you can use smaller sizes, just divide the ingredient amounts as needed)
• 1 ½ TB of organic witch hazel (its astringent properties help tone underarm tissues which help with odor control)
• ½ tsp of Himalayan salt (this really helps kill off and prevent the regrowth of odor-causing bacteria)
• ¼ tsp glycerin (this helps the deodorant stay on better)
• ¼ tsp baking soda (Helps kill bacteria. If you can’t use baking soda, up the glycerin to ½ tsp)
• 10-14 drops of essential oil- I used 10 drops lavender, 2 drops rosemary, and 2 drops steam distilled lemon (learn more about what you need to know about phototoxic essential oils)
You don’t need to add essential oils if you would like an unscented version. All you have to do is add just a pinch more salt or baking soda to up the odor control properties of this recipe.
Loving Preparation- Travel Size Roll-on Deodorant
• Add the salt and essential oil/s to the roll-on bottle followed by the rest of the ingredients.
• Cap the bottle and shake to mix thoroughly
Before use simply shake the bottle to re-disperse the essential oils. Next, roll generously under each arm as needed for a fresh snapshot of scent.
This homemade travel size roll-on deodorant is convenient to throw in your purse, keep in your car, or simply carry in your pocket. Swipe it on before leaving the house or discreetly while out on the go! You won’t have to worry about feeling smelly anymore!
Some other fun DIY blends to try include:
***Use steam distilled citrus oils for safety
[yumprint-recipe id=’1′]What have been your favorite roll-on deodorant recipes?
Be sure to check out these recipes below: