As I continue to explore various forms of physical activity to keep my fitness journey fresh and interesting, I often find myself sore and in need of a good massage oil. Muscle rubs, massage oils, and gels have all been extremely helpful in supporting post-workout comfort, so when I got a request to make a copycat Ortho Ease recipe, I knew I had to try it out!
DIY Ortho Ease Recipe
In case you’re wondering what Ortho Ease is, it’s a massage oil by Young Living that contains a few potent essential oils known for their soothing and muscle supportive qualities. It’s an excellent oil to use before or after a workout!
However, it can be a bit pricey to just buy a bottle whenever you need it, so, here I am with another dupe recipe to help you make your own version.
This recipe was surprisingly easy to throw together despite containing 9 essential oils because it can be challenging to get the formula as close as possible with too much going on. However, I have to say I got pretty dang close ?
Ortho Ease contains:
• Wintergreen – a powerful pain-relieving oil that increases circulation. In fact, it contains a constituent similar to cortisone!
• Peppermint – pain-relieving, and anti-inflammatory
• Juniper – circulatory stimulant and increases the excretion of uric acid and toxins from the body
• Eucalyptus globulus – circulatory stimulant and pain-relieving
• Lemongrass – helps regenerate and tone connective tissues and ligaments, dilates blood vessels, strengthens vascular walls, promotes lymphatic drainage, and anti-inflammatory
• Marjoram – soothes muscle soreness, antispasmodic, and regulates blood pressure
• Thyme – cardiotonic and circulatory stimulant
• Eucalyptus radiata – anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving
• Vetiver – antispasmodic and circulatory stimulant
For this recipe, I made a 3% dilution for the same size bottle that the original comes in (8oz), but you can of course increase or decrease the dilution to suit your specific needs.
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own Ortho Ease:
• One 8oz pump bottle
• Carrier oil (I recommend sweet almond oil or fractionated coconut oil)
• 24 drops wintergreen essential oil
• 20 drops peppermint essential oil
• 8 drops juniper essential oil
• 8 drops eucalyptus globulus essential oil
• 8 drops lemongrass essential oil
• 4 drops marjoram essential oil
• 4 drops thyme essential oil
• 4 drops eucalyptus radiata essential oil
• 4 drops vetiver essential oil (you may need to soak the bottle in warm water to get the drops out)
Loving Preparation – Copycat Ortho Ease Recipe
1. Add the essential oils to the 8oz pump bottle.
2. Next, fill the bottle to the shoulder with sweet almond oil (you can also add a bit of olive oil, grapeseed oil, or fractionated coconut oil if desired since the original contains these. I do not, however, recommend using wheat germ oil as it is very comedogenic)
3. Cap closed and roll between your palms to mix.
4. Allow the essential oils to synergize and meld for a few days before use if possible. Using it right way is totally fine too!
5. Store in a cool dark place.
6. If the oil starts smelling off, chuck it out.
Massage into trouble areas before or after a workout to support your muscles.
I will often apply it to my legs on leg day or before running.
You can even add a pump to some Epsom salts and add it to your post-workout bath for a wonderfully soothing experience!
Have you ever used Ortho Ease? How do you like?
Got a request for a copycat recipe? Let me know in the comments!
You may also enjoy reading:
Essential Oils for Sore Muscles
How to Cure Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Naturally
Soothing Joint and Muscle Rub
This post contains affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Please read my full disclosure and disclaimer.
Tash, will you please make a copycat/dupe for Young Living’s Aroma Siez and Brain Power. I have used these to recover from taking strong prescription drugs.
Thank you so much for the wonderful work you do!!!
Janice Hoffmeyer says
thank you so much for the ortho ease copycat version….I understand the oils used but did not know how much of each oil….anyway I am glad I found you! Holistic is the only way for me at 73 years young……Jan
Thanks for posting this, all of a sudden after seven years of using ortho is to help control my rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia pain it seems to of disappeared off the Internet making it impossible to fine in the last three weeks. It is the only thing that keeps me from using opiates for pain relief as much, I have tried dozens and dozens before. I found one bottle this week on sale and a skier website and was happy to see it was sealed and legit. But this will help me because I don’t think they are making it anymore
Barbara May says
Thank you for the OrthoEase recipe!!
I used the V6 with the recipe!!
Refilled my bottles! Yea!!!🥳
Now I am ready to continue using with my massages.
Barbara May, LE, CMT/MMT/NMT
MICHELLE RODMAN says
I am looking for a duplicate to YL Ortho Sport as well…I presume it has to be pretty close just a few different oils. Thoughts please.
Lynn Beech says
Do you have a copycat recipe for ortho sport? My hubby can’t live without it!!
Thank you for the information. Do you know of a dupe for YL LIVE YOUR PASSION?
Stephanie Aga says
Thank you for this!!! I use Ortho-ease at my massage practice regularly!!! I’m off to order the supply’s now!! This will be a use $ saver!
Thanks. Do you have a copy cat Recipe for ortho sport?
Does anyone have a dupe for genesis ease8?
A dupe of the new Yarrow Pom would be great as well!
Im interested in a dupe from j.southern called ritual citrus. Is this something you could do perhaps
I’d love to find a copycat version of zendocrine doterra, if anyone has one to share.
I’ll have to pick some up and see what I can do 🙂
Hello! I just saw this blog and was so excited. I love Dupes! Please tell me how to get set to see your posts regularly. Just recently I was looking for a dupe for Doterra Guardian. Do you possibly gave this? And while I’m asking, how about a list of dupes you have already done. I’m so excited to see this!
That’s a great idea! I will add it to my list 🙂 When you refer to “Guardian”, do you mean the one by Edens Garden?
I second that motion!!! Would love to see a list of dupes you’ve already done!!
Megan G. says
It would be wonderful if you did a copycat of Digize blend (Young Living).It is essential for my digestion, upset stomach, etc…and it would be wonderful not to have to pay so much for it! Thanks 🙂
I will certainly do this! 🙂
Can the blend be used in a lotion or cream rather than an oil? My husband is funky about oil.
I love your recipes and the information you share. Such a wealth of wonderful recipes and information on the oils. I make and use soant of them and share with family & friends the blends put together with your help! ?
You can absolutely use this recipe in a lotion or cream 🙂 I’m not a huge fan of body oils either, so I understand your husband’s feelings!
Sue Schaus says
Thank you. I had asked if you had this and within days I got your email with the link. Ortho Ease helps my back spasms but YL wants so much for it!! My limited income and back say Thank You!
You’re very welcome Sue! 😀
Sue Schaus says
My bottle of the real stuff lasted six months and was just about gone…so….I made up a batch from your post! Seems to be just right! I did make it a little stronger…5% . Used 50% FCO and 25% grapeseed and sweet almond for the carrier mix. My thanks for saving me money…I had everything but juniper so my dollar outlay was doable. Thanks!
You’re very welcome Sue! 🙂 Glad it worked out for you!
Have you made the copycat version of the Verage Immortelle Hydrating serum (Doterra) ? Would love to have it! Thank You
Thanks, Karen! I’ll look into this! 🙂